If you have teeth in need of repair, then we have a solution for you. Perhaps your teeth are discolored, cracked, misshapen in some way, or maybe they’re even missing. No matter your situation, we can help.
A crown is a cover or “cap” your dentist puts over a compromised tooth. The crown restores the tooth to its normal shape, size, and function. A crown can make the tooth stronger or improve the way it looks.
Reasons you may need a crown:
- You have a cavity that is too large for a filling
- You have a tooth that is cracked, worn down, or otherwise weakened
- You have had root canal therapy – the crown will protect the restored tooth
- You want to cover a discolored or badly shaped tooth and improve your smile
Dental bridges literally bridge the gap created by one or more missing teeth. They involve creating a crown for the tooth or implant on either side of the missing tooth, with a pontic (false tooth) in between.
Benefits of a dental bridge are:
- Restoring your smile
- Restoring the ability to properly chew and speak
- Maintaining the shape of your face
- Re-adjusting your bite to properly distribute the force when you chew
- Preventing your remaining teeth from moving out of the correct position
Another great option for those who are missing teeth is dental implants. These are a dental replacement option that can be placed directly into your jawbones. They can help imitate the look and function of natural teeth, plus they can last a lifetime.
If you’d like to learn more about how to improve your smile, give our dental office a call today!